Thursday, May 14, 2009

Vacation - ugh.

Garrett and I went to Texas for 10 days for some quality time with my Dad & Donna in Flatonia, then headed into Austin to stay with Chandra, Josh & Isabella for few days and finally some time with my Mom and brother. The Friday before we left Chandra hosted an engagement party for us for my Texas family and friends! :) It was a wonderful visit!

But then we had our first day back at yoga from our glutenous & lazy vacation - ohhhh boy. It sucked. My very first day at Bikram wasn't even as painful! I had to sit down, fight off dizziness and just generally felt like I had no effort to push myself in the poses. Garrett said he too even had to fight off a bit of nausea in one pose. We mentioned it jokingly to our instructor after class and she said it was very common after a bit of endulgence in food and alcohol to come back and have those toxins pouring out and not feel so hot.

By the next class we were already feeling back to normal. Still fighting being light headed though... hoping to condition through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment