Thursday, May 14, 2009

Light Headedness - break through!

I've been going to Bikram on average, about 3 days a week and still battling light headedness, sometimes feeling like I am making progress, but not sure. The heat and sweat doesn't bother me much anymore, but I don't like feeling light headed. Because then I have to stand still and wait it out and miss a section of a pose.

After class one day, I guess this lady overheard me complaining about getting light headed and she said, "Try getting more potassium in your diet before class". She also said that when she ran cross country and got light headed, her coach told her to get more potassium and that she just took supplements. Cool, worth trying!

I ate a banana before the next class... and it worked! I only had to battle the poses and not resting for feeling light headed! YAY!

I either try and drink half a coconut water, which has a ton of potassium and electrolytes or have a banana before class. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment