Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garrett Tries Yoga!

Our good friend PJ and Annou have been going to Bikram for a while and PJ was able to convince Garrett to give it a try! The studio we go to, Bikram Seacliff offers 10 days in a row for $10 and then if you join with in the trial period you can usually get a discount on a package. I joined for 6 months - let's see what I think in September!
Garrett is a very active guy and has a very active mind... impatient if you will. I wasn't sure he was going to dig yoga. He asked how long the class was and I said 90 minutes. "NINETY MINUTES!?" was his response. eeek!
He did amazing!! He's less flexible than I am but so much stronger. His legs are muscular and like big tree trunks so he was able to hold some of the basic parts of poses that I am still all wobbly on. Those of you who know me know that trying to balance on one leg... well I might as well get a gig with the flamingos at the San Deigo zoo. I blame my balance on my high arches.
Garrett enjoyed the physical challenge and we went to a few more classes during his 10 days and by the end he was very proud that he could touch his toes without bending his knees!
Garrett leaves for the PCT adventure soon, so I plan on being really good about my 3 days a week yoga mixed with my 2 mile 3 day a week lunchtime walks with Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment